Saturday, September 14, 2019

2019 Sun Mountain H2NO Lite Golf Bag Review: Complete Waterproof Protection and Incredibly Comfortable to Carry

If you golf in the rain or enjoy walking as much as riding, there aren't many bags out there better than the 2019 Sun Mountain H2NO Lite Stand bag.  It's completely waterproof, extremely lightweight to carry, and incredibly stable and durable. 

 

I've been using my H2NO Lite all season, and throughout the year I became more and more impressed with the features I knew about, as well as the little things I didn't.  And ultimately I came to realize H2NO is a bag that does it all, and actually delivers more than what's advertised. 

First and foremost is the H2NO waterproof protection.  This isn't merely water resistant, it's completely waterproof.  On numerous occasions I was out playing in heavy rains, and a few times like on The Olympic Club Cliffs course, rain came down with biblical vengeance, and everything in my bag stayed dry. 

 

H2NO Lite features a new TPU coated fabric which almost gives it a gortex like feel.  And the six accessory compartments are also waterproofed with sealed seams and YKK zippers.  And just a quick note on the zippers.  While a zipper won't ever be the reason I buy a bag, it can be a reason I don't.  And YKK are the best.  No lockups.  No herky-jerky sliding.  Just smooth and reliable all year long. 

 
 

Six compartments are very spacious, and include a velour lined valuables pocket and full length clothing pocket, which give you pretty much all the space you'll ever need, and ensure your rangefinder, phone, cigars, or whatever you bring with you on the course stays protected and dry. 

 
 

The rainhood is especially cool, with a clear vinyl window so you don't have to unzip the entire thing to pull out whatever club you need.  And it also has a better fastener system than most rainhoods on the market, which also helps keep your clubs protected from the rain as well. 

In terms of design construction, the H2NO Lite is incredibly durable and stable.  The four-way padded top features full length dividers, so you're not going to experience the dreaded club-jamming that you get with other carry and and stand bags.  The legs sit solidly on the ground and extend easily.  And even on those days you decide not to walk, the leg-lock system make it extremely cart friendly as well. 

 
 
 

The best thing about the H2NO bag for me however is the comfort.  It's incredibly lightweight checking in at just 4.4 lbs, and integrated handles make it easy to pick up or set down.  Dual padded shoulder straps are some of the thickest most comfortable I've ever used, and after a full season using this bag they feel just as robust as the first time I carried it. 

 
 

I prefer to carry my bag over one shoulder, but for testing purposes used the EZ-Fit Dual straps over both shoulders, and support is fantastic.  Compared to other dual strap bags I've used, the H2NO Lite feels almost floaty, and definitely puts less strain on your shoulders and back.  Definitely something to consider for those of you with back issues or who tend to tighten up during a round. 

 

If there's a downside to this bag it's that it doesn't come with a dedicated putter well, but I knew that coming in and didn't expect one with the weight as light as it is.  And the dual straps could rest a little wider on my shoulders if I'm going to nitpick, but that's not to say it's still incredibly comfortable and genuinely feels like it takes the bulk of your club weight off your shoulders. 

 

I'd never used a Sun Mountain golf bag before this season, and now I can't imagine ever not using one.  The 2019 H2NO Lite is as close to the perfect stand bag as I've ever owned, and has made me eager to try different models for my other equipment sets as well.  

With high quality materials and intelligent and practical features, the H2NO Lite is pretty much everything you could ever want in a waterproof stand bag.  Highest possible praise for the 2019 Sun Mountain H2NO Lite. 

 
 
 
 

PROS
Perfectly waterproof in the worst of rainstorms 
Incredible durable and stable construction and legs 
Spacious pockets and unrivaled ultra-lightweight comfort  

CONS
No dedicated putter well 
Dual Shoulder straps could rest a little wider 

 

As always, if you have any questions about the H2NO Lite bag or anything else, shoot me an email or DM on twitter or Instagram.

2 comments: