Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Club Champion Putter Fitting Review (Owings Mills, Maryland) - PGAPappas Winner Guest Review

A Club Champion fitting is truly unlike anything else you'll ever experience.  It will help you play better golf no matter what your goals are or what your game is like.  And in the process it's going to make days on the golf course more fun.  I recently had a Club Champion putter fitting that was one of the best fitting experiences I could have possibly had.

The winner of my recent Club Champion putter fitting giveaway also had an awesome all-around day.  It was educational.  It was eye-opening.  And bottom line it was triumphant.  Nick (@AllTruth16) on X/Twitter was fit at Club Champion - Owings Mills, and says "I learned a lot about my stroke and alignment and actually trust my stroke now."

In his own words, here's what Nick thought about his Club Champion putter fitting experience, and ultimately what putter wound up being best:

What a great experience I had during my putter fitting at Club Champion in Owings Mills, MD.  Never having been fit at a Club Champion for anything I was a little skeptical at first how this would all go but wanted to keep an open mind. 

Like many low handicap players sometimes we think we know everything about our swings and strokes to determine our best options for clubs and gear.  I'm so glad I went in with an open mind because my skepticism was quickly wiped away by my fitter Colin.

 

Colin was knowledgeable, professional and personable from minute one.  And it was a great vibe, hitting putts, hanging out, BS'ing about all things.  He asked me questions about my game, my strengths and weaknesses...which in my case is my putting.  He took measurements of my putter and then put me in the SAM machine and I hit 7 putts.

After getting the info and analysis back regarding my putting stroke we went over the data.  The analysis showed that I actually have a good putting stroke...who knew?!?!

My alignment was a disaster...not surprising. I was also not properly positioned over the ball, my eyes were a little too inside.  There was a ton of other data that I won't bore you with but it was all very cool!

Colin showed me that a face balanced putter is my best option for my putting stroke.  So now we were off to the races trying all kinds of different flat sticks.  I tried a bunch of LAB putters, a bunch of Scotties, Odyssey, Bettinardi, and Evnroll.  The options were almost endless and it was a blast trying all the different brands and head shapes.

 

We tried shorter putters and it made a huge difference getting my eyes over the ball better.  And eventually it came down to two or three putters.  Colin was awesome during this whole time and didn't push any certain brand or style, he just let me see what felt the best and look good to my eye.  Once I made a decision on brand and model we went over some of the customization I was going to add to my order ie; length, weight and grip options.

The order was then placed with my specs and options and in 1-2 weeks I expect to have my new Scotty Cameron Phantom 9 in the bag.  I went with a 33" model with 20 extra grams of tungsten in the shaft.

I have to give a huge thank you to Pete for this opportunity, it was so much fun and I learned a lot about my putting stroke.  I also have to thank Club Champion and my fitter Colin for a top notch experience.  I learned a lot about my stroke and and alignment and actually trust my putting stroke now.

Thanks for a fantastic review Nick. Sounds like you an absolutely perfect day, and now an absolutely perfect putter for your game!

All of you know I believe Club Champion does fittings right.  Every fitting I've had with them has been thorough, enjoyable, and ultimately left me extremely happy and satisfied with the results and clubs I was fit for.  All they do is impress, and continue to impress.  And I'm super pumped Nick experienced the same thing.

And as always anytime any of you who wins something from me wants to write a review just let me know.  Cheers to better golf and having more fun for us all!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic review. I’m glad Nick had the opportunity. Any golfer wanting to lower their scores definitely need to go get a putter fitting. Feel vs real are two very different things. The technology & data Club Champion provides is second to none. Well done, but this is no bueno for me the next time we tee it up

    ReplyDelete