Saturday, May 14, 2016

2016 PGA Merchandise Show DAY 2 RECAP (Part 4 of 5): Devereux, Skechers, Tour Edge, and Kentwool

At this point in the Show I was seriously running on pure adrenaline.  I wasn't sure how many companies I'd covered already.  I knew it was a lot.  I also knew it wasn't enough.  So it was time to go flat-out, Ethan Hunt maniac mode to finish the Show strong. 

 

So let's keep rolling on with new gear from Devereux, Skechers, Tour Edge, and Kentwool in my DAY 2 coverage of the 2016 PGA Merchandise Show: Part 4 (a multi-part series).

Devereux
Devereux attire is fresh, but not trendy.  It's smart, but not pretentious.  You'll appreciate Devereux's styles when you see them.  And you'll appreciate them even more when you wear them

 
 

In 2016 Devereux has introduced new designs with enhanced stretch and improved breathability.  So if you want to be that guy in your golf league who's always dry and cool on even the hottest days, Devereux is the way to go.  Immaculate tailoring, impeccable fit, and sharp details tie the whole package together

 
 
 
 
 
 

Skechers Golf Shoes 
I'll admit it.  I stopped by the Skecher's booth solely because of the Matt Kuchar commercials.  I do own a few pairs of regular Skechers sneakers, and they're extremely comfortable.  But this was my first look at their golf shoes. 

 
 

Their new collection features spiked and spikeless shoes.  And while I can't speak to their comfort or performance on the course, I did try on a pair of the Go Golf Pro (spiked) and Go Golf Elite (spikeless).  They were both exceptionally comfortable, fit properly from heel to toe, had a natural-feeling support under the arch (the Skechers reps didn't seem too alarmed when I started practicing my golf swing).  If they handle the same for 18 holes of golf, I'd happily wear these on the course

 
 
 
 
 
 

Tour Edge Golf 
Tour Edge Golf was definitely one of the bigger surprises of the Show for me.  They don't get the attention bigger companies get because they don't pay golfers to use their equipment.  But that hasn't kept golfers like Zach Johnson, Brandt Snedeker, Matt Kuchar, and others from playing Tour Edge at one time or another. 

 
 

I hit the new Exotics EX9 Tour driver at Demo Day and it produced some of the straightest, highest launching drives of the Show.  The CB PRO Tungsten irons delivered powerful strikes, high ball flight, and were extremely forgiving.  These are definitely "clubs for the people."  And they're both so easy to hit, testing them might make you reconsider not buying something new this year. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Kentwool Golf Socks 
Anything that can make your feet happier during a round of golf is a good thing.  And Kentwood wool golf socks are engineered to reduce abrasion, wick moisture, use activated carbon to help reduce odors, and even come with a blister-free guarantee. 

 
 

The merino wool yarns were luxuriously soft to touch.  And a vast assortment of bold colors is sure to coordinate with any outfit.  I obviously couldn't try on a pair at the Show, but if they're as good as advertised, they might even be the only golf socks you'll ever want to wear again

 
 
 
 
 
 


And be sure to check out my Demo Day coverage, a four-part series: 2016 PGA Merchandise Show - Demo Day Quick Recap

As always, if you have any questions, shoot me an email here, or DM on twitter @PGAPappas..

No comments:

Post a Comment