Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Cobra Golf Forged Tec ONE Irons Review

The new Cobra Forged Tec ONE irons have been some of my favorite clubs of any kind I've played and tested this season.  I reviewed them for you guys on twitter and Instagram throughout the season, and decided to hit on some key points here so you have all my impressions in one place.  Suffice to say, Cobra has never done ONE length better.

Forged Tec ONE have almost a blade like appearance, with a thinner top and narrower sole than F9 ONE.  Not a pure blade look for sure, but definitely the cleanest, most compact ONE length irons Cobra has made to date (not chunky looking at address).

They have a touch less offset in short irons, and noticeably less offset in long irons.  And I wound up getting close to a full club length more consistent distance with Forged Tec ONE compared to F9 ONE.  Flight with Forged Tec ONE is also more piercing, with a stronger, deeper feel on center strikes and greater feedback on misses.  I could also feel (sense) the club head more throughout the swing.

 
 
 

The Forged Tec ONE aren't quite as forgiving as the game-improvement F9 ONE, but they're surprisingly close. And that was a bit shocking given their cleaner, more compact look.  ‪Forged Tec ONE have a very generous sweet spot (particularly heel to toe) with all the irons.  And even mishits low with the 5-iron were not exceedingly flat or low flight.

 
 

For whatever reason, I also seemed to find center impact better with Forged Tec ONE than F9 ONE.  Even on misses I saw better distance and dispersion, which is why I can say these are more accurate through the bag.

 
 

The best thing about Forged Tec ONE however, is they gave me the tightest gapping of any Cobra ONE length irons I’ve played.  I don't have the 3 and 4 irons in my set (though I prefer hitting those irons to hybrids) so can’t really say if gapping is consistent there as well.‬

 
 

Forged Tec ONE gave me great stopping power and spin with with the short irons and wedge.  And mid-irons performed as you’d expect.  You can you definitely can get the 5 and 6 irons up and over forced carries and hazards. And with the CG right behind the hitting area with all the irons, it's pretty easy to to consistently flight them up and down.

 
 

Without a doubt, Cobra's best ONE length effort to date, and the most fun I've had hitting any Cobra irons as well.  You can check out some specs of the Forged Tec ONE at cobragolf.com, and as always if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email or DM on twitter or Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment