Monday, September 12, 2022

Toulon Las Vegas Putter Review - Play With Pete Invitational at Pasatiempo (Chris)

My Play With Pete Invitational at Pasatiempo this year was one for the ages.  The eight players at Pasatiempo absolutely raved about the Alister MacKenzie gem.

Everyone received TravisMathew and Cuater swag before their rounds began.  And each player was also fit for new Callaway drivers and golf balls.

All of you following along had a fantastic time as well.  We had livestreams of the event showing off Pasatiempo's demanding personality, and videos and pictures of play throughout the entire day.

Prizes from Callaway, TravisMathew, Cuater and Odyssey were all up for grabs.  And one viewer won a brand new Toulon Design Las Vegas putter thanks to some clutch putting on No. 18, but it was still in doubt only a few holes earlier.

Pasatiempo will wow you in every possible way and test every aspect of your game.  Putting here is especially crucial.  And the next time we're back here at Pasatiempo, it might be a great idea to get the players all fit for Odyssey and Toulon putters as well.

In his own words, here's what Chris (@GreekElite on twitter) thinks about his new custom built Toulon Design Las Vegas putter.

Pure. The simplest, yet most descriptive word I can say about the 2022 Toulon Las Vegas. The updated milling, weighting, and stroke lab shaft gave me such a soft pure roll, a really addictive sound that is nice and deep (as opposed to a high pitched clink), and a stable and consistent feel.

Tempo and distance control have always been an issue for me, and on my local course the green speeds vary greatly between morning and afternoon (even seemingly hole to hole). On it's maiden voyage I only managed to squeeze in 12 twilight holes (and the rest of my game was 💩 since I hadn't even touched my clubs in 3 weeks).  But the Toulon was absolutely great for me.  I averaged 1.5 putts per hole (with no 3 putts), compared to my usual round of 1.8-1.9 putts per hole and one to two 3 putts.

Obviously it's not a significant sample and could just be "new putter luck," but I'm hopeful and quite sure the putting stats will continue to be an improvement based on how confident I feel with this Toulon Las Vegas in my hands.

Lining up putts is super easy, to the point of aim and shoot. I'm going to tinker with the sight lines (covering either the top line or flange lines) to see which is more helpful, but all 3 lines just inspire confidence.

Pair the Toulon Las Vegas with a Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track, and it's lights out putting! Many thanks to Pete Pappas and Callaway/Odyssey Golf for setting me up with this amazing putter!!

Thanks for your review Chris, and I'm pumped you're loving your new Toulon Design Las Vegas putter so much.  Pretty sure every player at the Play With Pete Invitational at Pasatiempo probably wishes they had also been custom fit for a Toulon before taking on those wicked MacKenzie greens.  Here's to you continuing to lower those putts per round!

Anytime any of you who wins something from me wants to write a review just let me know and we'll get it done.   And as always, cheers to better golf and having more fun for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment