Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Retro Golf Club Reintroduces Nostalgic Days of Golf to Country Clubs Spanning the East Coast

Golf enthusiasts across the nation yearning for the nostalgic days of yesteryear now have the opportunity to take a step back in time as today marks the launch of Retro Golf Club, a new venture by golf industry veteran Cory Crelan, giving players of all skill levels the chances to use golf clubs made famous in Augusta, Ga., Pebble Beach, Calif., Pinehurst, N.C. and St. Andrews, Fife, Scotland.

Retro Golf Club has the ability to enhance any corporate outing, country club tournament or a golf trip amongst friends with carefully refurbished clubs from the 1970’s and 1980’s when persimmon and laminated woods, and blade irons filled the bags of the top professionals in the world.

“As golf equipment continues to advance to various technologies, I felt that something was missing from the time I grew up using the same equipment that my favorite players, and my dad’s favorite players, would use as they strolled the fairways sporting the fashion made famous by Ty Webb, Al Czervik and Judge Smails,” said Crelan, Founder of Retro Golf Club. “I’m playing less competitive golf today at 49, so I wanted to find a way to maintain and even increase my interest in the game because I’m less worried about my score and just want to have fun. Playing with this equipment from the ‘70s and ‘80s allows me to enjoy a richer playing experience and I’m positive those using these clubs will have a similar reaction.”

Focused on the era of golf between 1970 – 1990, well after hickory shafts were phased out, but before titanium heads were introduced by club manufacturers, Retro Golf Club has a library of more than 100 complete sets featuring persimmon woods, blade irons and putters made famous from brands such as Ben Hogan, Daiwa, Ram, Spalding, Toney Penna, Wilson and much more. Each set uses bespoke Jones Sports Carry Bags and the full list of manufacturers can be viewed at RetroGolfClub.com.

The first PGA Tour event won using a metal wood occurred in 1981 and the last time a true wooded golf club was used to win a major was at the 1993 Masters. Thirty years later, Retro Golf Club is here to create new memories for golfers using those same golf clubs.

“The game has given me so much over the last few decades of my life and I feel as though, for me, I’m giving back some life to the game I love by shining a light on this largely overlooked era of golf equipment,” added Crelan. “There’s an all-time high level of interest in golf these days. Not only will we give golfers a fun experience using clubs they likely only see in old photos, but these clubs are shockingly economical, potentially opening the game to a far wider audience.”

For more information, please visit www.RetroGolfClub.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment