Saturday, August 10, 2024

FootJoy Pro SLX BOA Golf Shoes Review - PGAPappas Guest Review

This guest review is from Chuck (@chpar453 on twitter) on his new FootJoy Pro SLX BOA Golf Shoes.  Chuck won these shoes as a listener in my PGAPappas Podcast with BOA Senior Director of Biomechanics and Research, Dan Feeney

And suffice to say, Chuck likes these a lot.  Chuck says the Pro SLX are "the most stable golf shoes I have ever worn."  It was also his first time wearing BOA and he now says, "I will not wear another golf shoe without BOA going forward."

In his own words, here's what Chuck thinks about his new FootJoy Pro SLX BOA.

So here are my thoughts on the Foot Joy Pro SLX BOA Shoes! Fit is true to size! Normally take a 10-1/2 wide. Went regular width in these and they are great fit. Little snug at first but 4 walking rounds in and they‘ve broken in nicely. 

Very good looking shoe. Leans more towards the athletic look vs traditional golf shoe. Very easy on the eyes! 

Comfort out of the box was a welcome surprise. Ample room in the toe box is a huge plus for me.

So far these are the most stable golf shoes I have ever worn. 

Just a tad heavier than my normal brand but nothing that is bothersome. Weight has traditionally kept me from wearing Foot Joy products. Not any more! 

The BOA system seems to wrap the shoe around my foot and is a feature that you can’t get with normal laces. It just makes the shoe feel like it’s part of my foot. During the course of 18 holes, I maybe have to adjust the BOA maybe 1-2 times. Mainly tighter. 

Ankle support is great. Sole is firm but flexible. Firmness and stability allows me to be able to load against my right side without rolling over. 

I will not wear a golf shoe without BOA going forward. 

After listening to the podcast about the BOA system and wearing these shoes I have a better understanding of how it works and what they are trying to accomplish. Looking forward to giving you an update a few moths from now pertaining to durability!.

Thanks for a fantastic, in depth review Chuck.  Super happy to hear you love your new FootJoy Pro SLX BOA so much!

We have more guest reviews coming soon.  And as always anytime any of you who wins something from me wants to write a review just let me know and it's a done deal.  Cheers to better golf and having more fun for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment