Saturday, September 16, 2023

Titleist TSR2 Driver Review - Play With Pete Invitational from Scioto Country Club (Brady)

This guest review is from Brady (@BradyEvans317 on twitter) on his new Titleist TSR3 driver.  Brady and all the players at Play With Pete Invitational from Scioto Country Club got fit for and received new Titleist drivers for their day at Scioto.

I was excited for the gents because you already know how impressed I am with the entire Titleist TSR driver lineup.  And they were going to put their own TSR drivers to a championship level test at Scioto.  What I didn't expect was just how much they were going to love these drivers.  Brady is a golfer to his core and he says the "TSR2 has renewed my enjoyment for the game," calling it "hands down the best driver I have ever hit."."

In his own words, here's what Brady thinks about his new Titleist TSR2 driver.

First off I want to thank my boy PGA Pappas for selecting me for Play With Pete Invitational at Scioto Country Club.  It was a lifetime experience with friends I will talk to for a lifetime.  One of the parts with PWPI was receiving a brand new Titleist driver.  Upon being selected I ran straight to a fitting.

Before going to the fitting I researched each driver and I “just knew” the TSR3 was the perfect driver, but I went in with an open mind.  After testing the lineup the TSR2 & TSR3 were nearly identical (distance, spin & dispersion), but there was one major difference.  The TSR2 miss hits were carrying an additional 6-7 yards further than the TSR2.

Playing golf for 30 years now, I have always preferred the pear shaped head, like the TSR3 offers.  But after reading many many reviews by Pete, it’s not about the looks, but performance.  Even though the TSR2 didn’t “fit my eye” I decided to go with it.  After many calls with Pete & other friends, they were all very surprised with my choice. And let me tell you this, I could not be happier with my decision.

Hitting a brand new driver for the first time at any course, let alone Scioto Country Club can be intimidating.  After some nerves wore off and I became comfortable on the course, this driver became a major asset to my round.  The driver, the last few years has been a liability to my game.  After really dialing it in post Scioto round, I can comfortably say it is now one of my strongest assets.  As silly as it may sound, the TSR2 has renewed my enjoyment for the game.

I use to game a Callaway Rogue, which I liked.  But the TSR2 has completed changed my game off the tee. I picked up around 11-12 yards of carry & nearly 20 yards in distance.

The distance is great but not my favorite part. My dispersion is significantly tighter.  The stability of the face has now allowed me to work the ball significantly easier.

I do not think one could go wrong with any of the models the TSR family has to offer.  But I will say this, go hit one.  The TSR2 driver I now have is hands down the best driver I have ever hit and it will not be leaving the bag for many years to come.

Once again thank you Pete and thank you Titleist. #TSR2Family!

Thanks for your incredible review Brady.  Super excited you love your new Titleist TSR2 driver so pumped TSR2 has taken your driver game to new levels baby.  Let's GO!!!

We have more guest reviews coming soon.  And as always anytime any of you who wins something from me wants to write a review just let me know and it's a done deal.  Cheers to better golf and having more fun for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment